Given the broad and complex demands placed on organisations through their workforce management processes, even something as fundamental as ensuring you have the right people in place at any given time can be easier said than done.
Balancing responsibilities isn’t the only headache for businesses- far too many organisations and their people teams find themselves languishing with outdated or unsuitable time and attendance solutions which actively hinder effective shift planning and management. We understand just how crucial it is to have the people with the proper skills and certifications on shift when you need them. We also understand how wrangling the most productive schedule for a large workforce is easier said than done. Without access to the proper tools, teams can lose valuable hours each working week to manual processes.
Our new Auto-rostering module has been created specifically to handle the strain of the complex shift organisation. Auto-rostering is a multi-platform smart scheduling application for all industry sectors, designed to make complex staff rostering easy, saving time and money. Auto-rostering optimises the allocation of employees to shifts and will take into consideration all active complex constraints and rostering rules, employee availability, and employee skill sets to get the right person in the right place at the right time.
Auto-rostering offers you unparalleled operational efficiency and the confidence to know that you have the right people in place when you need them. We believe that auto-rostering represents the future for businesses that want to gain a greater understanding of how to manage their employee scheduling and ensure the right talent is in place at any given moment. With that in mind, how does auto-rostering actually work? And what are the potential supercharged benefits for your business and your workforce?
- Auto Solve- Increasingly, today’s organisations are looking for technology to help them achieve more with their working day. For many, this means seeking out systems which off greater degrees of automation of complex processes. Afterall, becoming bogged down with manual processes and admin heavy tasks can be the death knell of productivity, so it’s natural that organisations will be seeking out technology which can help mitigate the impact of this and supercharge their operations. The auto-solve functionality in our time and attendance system completely takes the strain of complex shift patterning and rostering calculation-at the click of a button Auto-rostering will suggest the optimally staffed work schedule based on availability of employees, offering you the peace of mind you need to understand that your workforce allocation requirements are well in hand.
- Roster templates- templates can be created and quickly applied to represent various recurring shift patterns over one or multiple weeks – supercharging your ability to put complex shift patterns together so you can focus on productivity. This offers you the peace of mind you need to understand that the complexities of shift patterning are well in hand with an easy to replicate formula which you can return to time and time again – whatever the shift type or day or night of the year.
- Skills mapping- At Advanced we understand that sometimes the solution to finding the proper cover for a shift isn’t as simple as just rostering in another employee. In many industries, there are specific certifications or skill sets such as first aid training or forklift truck licensing which have to be factored into account. Any employee who can’t make a shift will naturally need to be replaced by a colleague with equivalent skillsets in order to fill gaps in talent. Auto-rostering takes the strain of these complex calculations for you with skills maps that let you set your own parameters, ensuring that you can always find cover for your shifts with the appropriate level of certification or skills that you need to ensure that a job is done and done well.
- Employee trade board- Our Auto Rostering module empowers your people to take charge of their schedules and easily trade shifts with colleagues through an employee trade board. Not only does this help reduce the potential for absences impacting a shift, it means fewer administrative demands on people teams to account for changes in personnel. Employees can swap or take up shifts, all while following the rules you set, so they are able to pick up overtime and extra shifts without you having to be the middleman.
- Compliance- Auto-rostering will come as a breath of fresh air for your HR teams as it will provide your organisation with a framework to ensure greater compliance with every shift pattern. Auto-rostering allows you to effortlessly gather summary reports of schedules as well as automatically providing you with attendance notifications or lone worker alerts which ensure you are never caught off guard by sudden developments or health and safety concerns.
Auto-rostering represents a unique opportunity for you to free your people teams from the burdens of manual inputs, admin-heavy tasks and complex shift patterning. It can also serve as a brilliant way to empower your people to take charge of their working hours, offering them the ability to handle shift-swapping requests without the need to burden your HR teams. The intuitive skills mapping function also means that whatever the situation, you can be confident that you have staff with the correct skillset in place to remain compliant and get the job done.
Our new integrated Auto-rostering module has been designed to eliminate the headaches that come with complex rostering and shift planning. As part of our class-leading Time and Attendance solution, Auto-rostering is designed to save you both time and money and allow your people teams to focus on more meaningful, transformational tasks.
If you’d like to discover more about how Auto-rostering can help you make complex shift patterning responsibilities simple, get in touch today.