We are looking for a talented UX/UI designer to join our creative team here at Mitrefinch.
Location: Nottingham or York
Employment basis: Permanent / Full Time
We are looking for a talented designer to join our creative team here at Mitrefinch. Working closely with the Creative Design Manager, the UX/UI designer will be primarily responsible for the execution of Mitrefinch’s product design aesthetic and will help shape delightful and effective experiences for our users across our entire product suite. This will encompass the design of visual treatments for new features and new products, design mockups and high-fidelity user interfaces, rapid prototyping and user process flows. You will also have the opportunity to learn new skills in UX, design thinking, user research and user testing. At Mitrefinch, we value openness, constant communication, and a sense of humour. No matter your level of skill, we look first and foremost for a cultural fit.
Responsibilities to include:
- Deliver interaction designs from concept through to launch
- Design for a variety of platforms including mobile browsers and desktop browsers
- Produce designs to help the product team understand the desired customer experience, including high-fidelity wireframes, flows, prototypes, etc.
- Create intuitive interfaces and interaction layers using best practices, the latest web trends and all available tools to augment the user experience
- Coordinate with product managers and executives to incorporate specific design requirements, visual treatment, and organize information
What we liked to see from you:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a professional design environment
- Familiar with working in an agile environment
- A lover of all things Sketch
- A great communicator
- A self-starter who’s able to manage their time and tasks well
- Someone eager to learn new techniques and help us improve
- Someone who has a grasp of the technical side of things (although no coding experience required)
- Understanding of HTML and CSS. (You don’t need to write code)
- Photoshop and Illustrator proficiency
- UX user research experience
Apply for this job
Think you’ve got what we’re looking for? Excellent! Fill in your details below, send us your CV and we’ll be in touch.