Payroll Implementation Consultant
Due to unprecedented growth in demand for our best of breed payroll solution, Mitrefinch are looking for experienced Payroll Implementation Consultants to join our Professional Services Team.
Based out in the field UK-wide on our customer sites, you’ll be supporting a wide variety of customers with their implementation projects to ensure success.
An expert in payroll, and with previous experience in payroll system implementation, you’ll be one of our Subject Matter Experts when it comes to leading our customers implementations to the right outcome, to time, cost and quality constraints.
You’ll be outgoing, with meticulous attention to detail, able to command a room and quickly seat yourself in a position of leadership in each project.
With gravitas borne from credible experience you’ll influence customers to adopt best practice into their internal processes and exploit the power of the Mitrefinch solution.
Complex work rules and payroll calculations are common across our customer base, and we’re renowned for our speed of deployment. Your ability to take complex or nebulous requirements, quickly assimilate and distil back to customers who need a quick turnaround is key for the successful candidate. A background in, or experience with, database queries and interrogation is also vital for you to achieve timely deployment.
You won’t accept status quo – the market and customer requirements are continuously evolving and your appetite to stay attuned, evolving your consultancy approach and our methodologies to suit will be of great benefit.
Mitrefinch offers a competitive salary and benefits package, and the opportunity to join one of the fastest growing businesses in the market.
The Payroll Consultant provides expert advice and guidance to customers during implementation of the Mitrefinch payroll solution. This is achieved through a consultative and influential approach to business processes and best practice in payroll.
It provides certainty of outcome for all customer-facing payroll implementations, innovating the approach and directing feedback into the business to drive process and product improvements.
The Payroll Implementation Consultant is a payroll subject matter expert in the Mitrefinch Professional Services Team.
They deliver excellent value to customers through expertise in payroll and the Flexipay product, defining solutions and value-added services to customers which align with their needs, exploiting the full abilities of the product and building a desire for repeat custom.
The Payroll Implementation Consultant is an internal point of authority on payroll system implementations handling queries, influencing best practice in implementation and configuration, and steering the future of the product.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Responsible for the quality of implementations of Flexipay to customers of all sizes and complexities, and across projects of Short to Medium duration
- Deliver all implementations in alignment with Mitrefinch methodologies and within agreed project budgets, quality expectations and time constraints
- Provide expertise in payroll implementations to other non-payroll specialist Consultants, mentoring and developing their skills enabling them to evolve into implementing payroll solutions, with a grounded understanding of legislative and environmental factors
- Maintain an accurate skills matrix for self and mentees to support ‘right person, right time’ deployment across all projects, and develop own skills to implement time and attendance software to become an expert on the complete product suite
- Meet the Company’s targets for individual utilisation and revenue generation and seek opportunities to actively increase this
- Contribute to payroll implementation process continuous improvement, ensuring they evolve in being defined and documented, and tools are evaluated to avoid scope creep in project delivery
- Ensure that each payroll consultancy day delivered maximises value to the customer and identifies opportunities for additional value through chargeable services
- Generate ideas to feed into efficiency in implementation e.g. remote deployment and ‘pre-packed’ configuration to standardise the approach
- Stakeholder (Payroll) representation in product planning, strategy, and service development and business growth initiatives
*The above is not an exhaustive list but identifies the core functions of the role.
Critical knowledge and experience
- Ability to distil complex requirements into simplified, relatable outcomes
- Knowledge of SQL Databases
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with confident to operate with customers up to C-suite
- Tenacity and influence in time critical situations where decisions must be made
Nice to have:
- 3-5 years’ experience in payroll system implementations
- CIPP qualification
- Knowledge of Human Capital Management solutions
- System integration experience
With this role there will be extensive UK travel with overnight stays, as required.
Apply for this job
Think you’ve got what we’re looking for? Excellent! Fill in your details below, send us your CV and we’ll be in touch.