Talented Software Developers
We're looking for talented developers to join our York or Nottingham offices in the midst of rapid expansion.
We work in autonomous agile squads using latest tech (such as C#, .NET Core, Vue.js and Azure App Services) while offering super flexible hours, remote working and an informal dress code.
We provide cloud-based payroll, workforce management and HR software that helps run businesses across the globe. We need your help to build the software that powers the future of work.
We are looking for curious and engaged people who always want to learn and develop. We firmly believe a continuing learning journey is integral to our success, so we dedicate time in each and every sprint to your training and development, host learning lunches and provide tools so you can keep on growing. You will be welcomed into a talented team of developers who get the freedom, support and trust they need to thrive.
We believe we get the best out of people by offering true flexibility. For us it’s about work/life balance, flexitime (you could accrue up to an additional 12 days holiday a year!), autonomy, flexible and remote working. Our environment is informal, highly collaborative and fun.
The team works closely with our Product Managers in truly agile cross-functional squads to create amazing applications which delight customers while using the latest tech and tools.
Skills and experience
A good grounding in theory and processes is more important than your tech stack. A great developer can pick up anything, so proficiency in any of the following would be great but not essential:
- Process models (Agile, Scrum or Spotify)
- Processes (DDD, BDD or TDD)
- Patterns and paradigms (MVC, MVP, MVVM)
- CICD and automated testing
We have opportunities in the following areas:
- C#, .NET Core
- Azure (App Services, Serverless functions and Cosmos DB)
- Embedded software solutions (firmware/hardware integrations, C++)
- Continuous delivery
- AI, machine learning and decision problems
We don’t require experience in these specifically, we’ll help you get up to speed. In you we’re looking for the aptitude and enthusiasm to pick up the technologies you need and run with them.
- Design and build cutting edge features – sprints are short and focus on iterative improvement
- Collaborate with the Product team and other squads to develop solutions which address complex real-world problems using the most appropriate tech
- Work within highly performant cross-functional squads and take ownership of delivery commitments
- Accurately estimate and deliver high quality work products to that schedule
- Evaluate and ensure technical feasibility of designs while focussing on great user experience
- Take features from inception to continuous delivery release using a strong understanding of software development principles and SDLC
- Assure the quality of our products through coded automated testing
Degree in Computer Science/STEM or industry experience equivalent.
At Mitrefinch, we are very proud of our amazing company culture and we put the employee at the heart of everything we do. We care about our people, customers, community and our impact on the environment. We encourage the Mitrefinch team to plan their start and finish times around their family and provide dedicated time to work for our chosen charities.
If you’ve got the right skills and attitude for the job, we want to hear from you. Mitrefinch is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
Apply for this job
Think you’ve got what we’re looking for? Excellent! Fill in your details below, send us your CV and we’ll be in touch.